Thursday, July 28, 2011

Your brain is a comic book tattoo

I've always loved to sing.  I come from a long line of people who love to sing.  That may be a bit of an exaggeration; however, I know that music was important for both of my grandmothers.   I remember sitting at my Mammaw Strader's feet as she played the hymns she loved.  Those moments were priceless. 

In my last blog, I spoke of Anna Graceman and her big voice.  I thnk I failed to mention that she WRITES her original stuff.  Impressive.  But here is a group of kids that is impressively talented as well.  To me, they are a testimony of why music MUST be in our school programs.  The kids have not only covered Tori Amos, they've MET her.  I'll be so bold as to say that sometimes I like their covers better than the original!  Mr. B, their teacher, has an amazing way of connecting the children to music, giving them a voice in the process.

PS22 chorus has gone viral at my house.  And if you don't like them, even just a little bit, check your wallet.  You may be a card-carrying nazi.

No comments:

Post a Comment